Its finally here. Orange County Marathon/Half Marathon/5k race weekend. Unlike last year, 5k race is on Saturday 5pm(Don’t panic, I checked the weather and it will be nice and easy 60s not 80s). Marathon starts super early on Sunday at 5:30am and Half Marathon at 6:15am – giving us all a chance to experience one last winter run before the heat takes over the race courses here in So Cal! I compiled just enough information to get me in and out of the races, but I also included OC Marathon website link if you need more details.
BIB number look up : click here
- Bad news first. There is no race day bib pick up for half/full marathons.
- Expo is on Friday 4pm to 8pm, Saturday – 9am to 6pm.
- Location: OC Fair Grounds, 88 Fair Drive, Costa Mesa, CA 92626
- Tip: Park on the side of the street and walk, if you want to save $8 on parking. Its $8 to park at the fair ground both Friday and Saturday, and I don’t think its worth it, especially after paying all that money for race!
- 5k – Saturday – May 6th – 5:00pm(EVENING)
- Marathon – Sunday – May 7th – 5:30am (Morning)
- Half Marathon – Sunday – May 7th – 6:15am(Morning)
- Bad news first. Parking is $8 on Friday and Saturday. $10 on Sunday. CASH ONLY. Ugh.
- For 5k, the start/finish line is at the OC Fair grounds, so find parking close by and get there: OC Fair Grounds, 88 Fair Drive, Costa Mesa, CA 92626
- For Half Marathon/Marathon on Sunday,
- the start line is at Fashion Island. Fashion Island, Newport Center Drive, Newport Beach, CA (Lot of road closures, so Jamboree to PCH to Avacado is how it works)
- The finish line is at the OC Fair Grounds, 88 Fair Drive, Costa Mesa, CA 92626 (If you can find street parking all the better!)
- there will be shuttle both from Finish line to start line (starting 3:45am to 5:15am), and finish line start line.(7:30am to 1:00pm)
OC Half Course
The weather appears to be a nice and cold from the forecast with a chance of shower on Sunday. With the start time of 5:30am for marathon and 6:15am for half, I think we will get to enjoy winter like weather!
Wahoo’s 5k on Saturday 5pm: It will be 62 to 60 degree.
Sunday – Half Marathon/Marathon Weather – Nice and cold 55 to 58 degrees
Official Result Page(5k/half/marathon): https://www.runraceresults.com/Secure/RaceResults.cfm?ID=RCOE2017 (This link will be up on race day).
Race Day Official Info
Official Site: http://www.ocmarathon.com/
Registration is still open and if you change your mind, sign up! Use code RACEGRADER2017 for 10% off. $5 off with code RUDY5OFF for 5k
If you ran this race before and have other tips that you would like me to share with everyone – message me!